This simple guacamole recipe maintains that great avocado flavour because it’s not loaded with a lot of other competing flavours (and keeping it simple makes it a bit quicker to make)
Month: December 2017
My first ever vegan creation. This quick and easy recipe is great for feeding vegans and vegetarians at late notice. It uses basic ingredients you’re likely to have in the cupboard. Get the Chilli con cannellini cooking while you send the other half to the […]
This recipe probably doesn’t really belong on a site like this but technically it qualifies as vegetarian. I make it all the time for my husband to take to golf, I wonder if Jimmy and Turtle only invite him along for the slice!
- 300 ml condensed milk
- 100 g butter
- 340 g biscuit crumbs (2 boxes)
- 1 cup desicated coconut
- 1 lemon rind only
- 2 cups icing sugar sifted
- 1 lemon juice only
- 40 g butter melted
- Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 15cm x 25cm (base) slab pan or 20cm square pan
- Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook, stirring for 4 to 5 minutes or until butter melts. This mixture burns easily, keep stirring and do not leave unattended.
- Combine crumbs, coconut and 2 teaspoons lemon rind in a bowl. Add hot butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm
- Place icing sugar in a medium to large bowl, make a well in the centre, then slowly add lemon juice, stirring to make a slurry.Using this method reduces the risk of lumps and results in smoother icing
- Add the melted butter to the slurry, mix well then beat in any remaining dry icing sugar from around the edges.
- Beat with a spoon until smooth. Spread icing over slice. Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Serve