Broccoli! No, I’m not joking. If your little vegling is insisting on a vegetarian or vegan diet and they don’t like broccoli, they’re in for a major reality check. Considered one of the world’s healthiest vegetables, it is jam packed with vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and phytonutrients. Anyone on a vegetarian or vegan diet cannot ignore these miniature green trees. This soup is quick and easy to make and doesn’t even taste that much like broccoli.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 kg broccoli florets
- 3 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1.5 lt vegetable stock
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add broccoli, potato, stock and cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Remove from heat. Process until smooth. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with pepper. Serve.