These muffins have a rich chocolate flavor with a light fluffy texture. I’ve known of someone to walk half way around the MCG at quarter time to snag some of these before they run out.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegan dark choc chips
- 125 ml almond milk
- 5 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 5 ml natural vanilla extract
- 85 ml coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C for 15 minutes. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together 1/2 cup almond milk and vinegar; set aside for it to curdle.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl combine the mashed bananas, curdled almond milk, vanilla extract and oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon approximately 1/3 cup of batter per muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool. If using paper liner, you should be able to lift the muffins off the pan after 5 minutes.