Great mexican sauce
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 50 g tomato paste
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 5 ml apple cider vinegar
- Combine dry ingredients; flour, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. The oil is the correct temperature if a pinch of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact.
- Add the flour and spice mixture to the hot oil. Whisk constantly until the mixture is fragrant and deeper in color.
- Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly add the stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the mixture does not catch on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir through the apple cider vinegar.
- Set aside until needed for other recipes.
Storage: can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.