These beans are awesome. Don’t feel confined to using this bean recipe just for Nachos, its also great on thick slab of toasted sour dough.
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 red or green capsicum (diced)
- 410 g canned tomatoes (crushed or diced)
- 240 g cooked black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 50 g tomato paste
Heat oil in a small saucepan
Saute onion, garlic and capsicum for a few minutes
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, periodically stirring to ensure the mixture does not catch to the bottom of the saucepan
Using a stick mixer/immersion blender, very quickly blitz the mixture so that only a small amount of the mixture is pureed. Stir mixture to evenly combine.
Serve as required.
Storage: can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
* a 400g can of lentils drained and rinsed weighs approximately 240g