These beans are awesome. Don’t feel confined to using this bean recipe just for Nachos, its also great on thick slab of toasted sour dough.
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 red or green capsicum diced
- 410 g canned tomatoes crushed or diced
- 240 g cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernals
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 50 g tomato paste
- Heat oil in a small saucepan
- Saute onion, garlic and capsicum for a few minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, periodically stirring to ensure the mixture does not catch to the bottom of the saucepan
- Using a stick mixer/immersion blender, very quickly blitz the mixture so that only a small amount of the mixture is pureed. Stir mixture to evenly combine.
- Serve as required.