These orange cup cakes are as is light as a feather and really easy to make. The orange zest gives some punch to delicate citrus flavor and is further enhanced by the orange icing.
Orange Cup Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 ml orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 5 ml apple cider vinegar
- 5 ml natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 60 ml orange juice approx
- Preheat the oven to 180C for 15 minutes. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients until combined well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cup cake comes out clean.
- Stir the zest into the icing sugar, then add the juice slowly until the icing forms and before it becomes to fluid.
- Ensure the cup cakes are cool, and apply icing.