Potato and Leek is one of the most comforting and familiar of all winter soups. This hearty version has a velvety texture and is a favorite of all the family.
Potato and Leek Soup
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 leek finely chopped
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 625 ml vegetable stock
- 125 ml almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and 2 leeks until translucent for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add potato and vegetable stock.
- Simmer, covered, until potato is very tender for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender and strain back into the saucepan. Add milk and season salt and white pepper.
- Heat through without boiling.
- Garnish and serve immediately with crusty bread.