This is a great twist to the run-of-the-mill pumpkin soup. It’s creamy, full of flavor and a perfect zing of spice.
Pumpkin Coconut Soup
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 100 g carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 200 g sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 500 g pumpkin (peeled and chopped)
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Brown onion and garlic in oil.
Add curry powder and garam masala. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin, vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add coconut cream and blend till smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish with parsley or coriander and serve with crusty bread.
Storage: can be stored in the fridge for 1 – 2 days.
Credit: adapted with thanks from: http://skinnymixers.com.au/skinnymixers-coconut-curried-pumpkin-soup/