This is a great twist to the run-of-the-mill pumpkin soup. It’s creamy, full of flavor and a perfect zing of spice.
Pumpkin Coconut Soup
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 100 g carrot peeled and chopped
- 200 g sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 500 g pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Brown onion and garlic in oil.
- Add curry powder and garam masala. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin, vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and blend till smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander and serve with crusty bread.