Rich tomato flavoured meat-free bolognaise sauce that can be used with any pasta or with lasagna. The lentils give it an authentic bolognaise texture, with added carrot and celery helping to boost up the nutrient count.
Vegan Bolognaise Sauce
- olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 410 g canned tomatoes crushed or diced
- 240 g cooked lentils drained and rinsed*
- 1 teaspoon basil dried
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 sticks celery sliced
- Heat oil in large saucepan and brown the onion.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 20min
- In the meantime, cook pasta of your choice.
- Serve with crusty bread.