Very satisfying tofu scramble that forms a great base for pretty much any veges you want to add (or have lying around). Even people who don’t like tofu enjoy this dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 300 g firm tofu
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red capsicum chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- cherry tomatoes
- baked pototoes
- baby spinach
- sour dough toast
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Place tofu in a sieve with several sheets of paper towel. Cover with more paper towel and press firmly to extract excess liquid. Once most liquid has been removed, tip tofu into a bowl and break into chunks with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the onion and capsicum for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add baby spinach, toss to combine then empty pan into a bowl.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add the tofu. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add sauce, gently stir and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Return the cooked veges to the pan and lightly toss. Serve immediately as is or with your choice of sides.