An oldie but a goodie. Nothing better than tomato soup on a cold day.
Tomato, Basil and Chilli Soup
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 820 g Canned tomatoes crushed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chilli
- 1 teaspoon basil finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with crusty bread.
Variations: can include the addition of other vegetables, such as carrot, beans, celery or zucchini. Storage: can be stored in the fridge for 1 - 2 days. This soup can be frozen for up to 3 months.