There are a lot of variations of this old fav, and here is mine. This recipe is simple, easy and suitable for any time of day. The mixture can be cooked as a fritter or spooned in to muffin papers. This fritter is packed with flavor, holds together when cooking and is very nutritious.
Zucchini and Corn Fritters
- 125 ml almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds ground
- 240 g cooked cannellini beans drained and rinsed*
- 1 cup frozen corn kernals
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 zucchini finely grated
- vegetable oil
- Combine the almond milk and chia seeds and set aside.
- Mash the cannellini beans, some chunks of bean is OK.
- Add the corn and spring onion to the beans and mix.
- Add the flour, cumin, salt and pepper to the cannellini bean mixture and mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in large frying pan to moderate heat.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop out portions and add to pan, pressing down with an egg slice to flatten fritters to approx 1cm thick.
- Cook on one side for 10 minutes or until firm and easy to turn.
- Cook on the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad.